[clug] QtParted with Knoppix

Al Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Mon Jan 16 22:08:07 GMT 2006

Steve,

Thank you for your response.  By default, Knoppix makes all partitions on a
disk "read only" and not mounted.

From the GUI, I did r-click on each partion icon, selected properties and
unselected the "read-only" option for the device.  Still no luck with the
Linux partitions.

When the partitons are mounted, they can then be read from and written to.

QParted shows that the "disk is busy".  That could be because there is a
(spare) swap partition on hdb (It used to be the main HDD, hda).  Still, no
resize seems to be allowed on Linux partitions.  Weird that no such
inhibitions about the fat32 partitions.

I like Knoppix - it is a classic.  Of course, I could (and probably will)
change the partitions with the "Partition Magic 8 rescue floppies".  But I
would prefer to do  that with Knoppix.

Thanks again,

Al.