[clug] Re: A most interesting read, most interesting

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sat Dec 30 12:06:11 GMT 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 10:56:40PM +1100, Michael Cohen wrote:
> If the news publishers decide to publish low quality amateur photos over
> professional photos because they are cheap (as he is claiming) that reflects on
> the quality of the publisher itself and in turn the audience who buy the
> papers. It may be that professional photographers can no longer sustain a full
> time income in future - if thats the way technology is going its just progress

I think it does reflect the nature of the beast. Something like
National Geographic won't print pictures from a mobile phone, unless
there is no alternative. There are thousands of glossy magazines which
want high quality photos. I think it's just that newspapers don't have
any standards anymore.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/