[clug] how to use wintv-nova-t 500 MCE?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Dec 18 09:14:36 GMT 2006

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> I have this Hauppauge card, a dual tuner on loan for a few weeks. I installed
> it and I can see that I now have a usb device
>
> eyal at e7:~$ cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb8/8-1/manufacturer
> Hauppauge
>
> How do I now activate it? I then expect to see two adapters added to
> the ones I already have (two AVermedia AverTV DVB-T cards):
>
> eyal at e7:~$ ls -lR /dev/dvb
> /dev/dvb:
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 120 Dec 16 17:11 adapter0
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 120 Dec 16 17:11 adapter1
>
> /dev/dvb/adapter0:
> total 0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 4 Dec 16 17:11 demux0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 5 Dec 16 17:11 dvr0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 3 Dec 16 17:11 frontend0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 7 Dec 16 17:11 net0
>
> /dev/dvb/adapter1:
> total 0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 68 Dec 16 17:11 demux0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 69 Dec 16 17:11 dvr0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 67 Dec 16 17:11 frontend0
> crw-rw----  1 root video 212, 71 Dec 16 17:11 net0

The current situation is that the card is recognised by kernel 2.6.19.1.
I also managed to get MythTV to scan it and tune in. This card seems
somewhat weaker than the Avermedia-771, however time will tell how well
it performs.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat