[clug] how to use wintv-nova-t 500 MCE?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Dec 17 07:11:10 GMT 2006

Leo Kliger wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 18:16 +1100, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>
>>I have this Hauppauge card, a dual tuner on loan for a few weeks. I installed
>>it and I can see that I now have a usb device
>>
>>eyal at e7:~$ cat /sys/bus/usb/devices/usb8/8-1/manufacturer
>>Hauppauge
>>
>>How do I now activate it? I then expect to see two adapters added to
>>the ones I already have (two AVermedia AverTV DVB-T cards):
>

> you probably have to download the appropriate firmware and stick it in
> the right directory....
>
> check out this link:-
>
> http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7Epboettch/home/index.php
>
> Leo

Thanks leo.

I needed to upgrade to the latest kernel (2.16.19.1) and then the card was
recognized and a message came up regarding the missing firmware. I installed
the fw and the card came up OK and it shows in /dev/dvb.

However this card seems to be unstable. Doing a scan was not tuning, and
as it took too long I killed it, leading to an oops. Checking the linux-dvb
list suggests that this card was added only recently and it has some known
issues which look very much like what I got.

In short, Linux is not yet ready for this card. I am now subscribed to
the list and will keep an eye on this card.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat