[clug] development tool [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Arafangion thestar at fussycoder.id.au
Fri Aug 11 03:08:09 GMT 2006

Pietro Abate wrote:
> I think eclipse can do everything you require, but it won't certainly
> fit on your thumb drive ... I personally don't like/use it.
>
> You can also have a look at emacs or vim7 with the appropriate plug-ins
> for code competition (that is a pain after a while and slow you down,
> imho)...

That certainly depends on how big the thumb drive is!
(It fits on mine)

I currently use vim, but I am of the mentality that "the OS provides the
IDE", and I personally find it very unsuitable for windows development,
though it's terrific on Linux and other OS's (Primarily because those
OS's provide far more and more useful command line tools)