[clug] development tool [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Fri Aug 11 01:45:45 GMT 2006

I think eclipse can do everything you require, but it won't certainly
fit on your thumb drive ... I personally don't like/use it.

You can also have a look at emacs or vim7 with the appropriate plug-ins
for code competition (that is a pain after a while and slow you down,
imho)...

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 10:29:20AM +1000, Rousak, Boris wrote:
> Greets to all!!
>
> What do people use for developing code? Specifically I am after a tool
> that can do:
>
> *syntax highlighting and checking
> *code completion
> *easy plug-ins for all possible languages or at least support for:
> c/c++, perl, python, java, php
> *some sort of SQL syntax corrector for Oracle (preferably with pl/sql),
> MySQL, PostgreSQL
> *easy portability (I want to be able to put it onto a thumb-drive and
> carry it around - so not too much installation)
>
> And for bonus points:
>
> It would be nice if I could use it cross platform: obviously not just
> straight across, but something that is easily recompilable (ie compile
> once an carry around for a while)
>
> Basically I am looking for the last development tool I will ever need :)
>
> Thanks to all in advance :)
>
> Cheers,
> Boris

> The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments to it,
> is intended for the use of the addressee and is confidential.  If you
> are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, read,
> forward, copy or retain any of the information.  If you received this
> e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by return
> e-mail or telephone.
>
> The Commonwealth does not warrant that any attachments are free
> from viruses or any other defects.  You assume all liability for any
> loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening
> or using the attachments.

++ Blog: http://blog.rsise.anu.edu.au/?q=pietro
++
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.