[clug] development tool [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Rousak, Boris Boris.Rousak at industry.gov.au
Fri Aug 11 00:29:20 GMT 2006

Greets to all!!

What do people use for developing code? Specifically I am after a tool
that can do:

*syntax highlighting and checking
*code completion
*easy plug-ins for all possible languages or at least support for:
c/c++, perl, python, java, php
*some sort of SQL syntax corrector for Oracle (preferably with pl/sql),
MySQL, PostgreSQL
*easy portability (I want to be able to put it onto a thumb-drive and
carry it around - so not too much installation)

And for bonus points:

It would be nice if I could use it cross platform: obviously not just
straight across, but something that is easily recompilable (ie compile
once an carry around for a while)

Basically I am looking for the last development tool I will ever need :)

Thanks to all in advance :)

Cheers,
Boris

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments to it,
is intended for the use of the addressee and is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, read,
forward, copy or retain any of the information.  If you received this
e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by return
e-mail or telephone.

The Commonwealth does not warrant that any attachments are free
from viruses or any other defects.  You assume all liability for any
loss, damage or other consequences which may arise from opening
or using the attachments.