[clug] AIX box available?

Leigh Purdie intersect at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 06:57:38 GMT 2006

Does anyone have a low-end AIX box (AIX 5.2 or 5.3) that they don't have a
requirement for any more? There used to be dozens floating around Canberra a
while back, after Defence ditched a whole heap. They don't seem to be so
obvious any more unfortunately.

One of our open source projects (Snare for AIX - cousin to our Snare for
Linux agent) has been developed with the aid of the IBM 'Virtual Loaner
Program' (ie: remote ssh access to a box for a certain period of time). The
VLP is great, but I suspect that I'll need something that is a little easier
to access in order to adequately support the code in the long run.

I can pick up a low-end rs6000 from Germany (with 5.3) via ebay for around
the 2-300 buck mark, but I thought someone on the list might have something
similar that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

Ta,

Leigh.