clug != clug (was Re: [clug] Unable to write to nfs mounted shares)

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 19 04:38:49 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:10 +1000, Kim Holburn wrote:
> On 2006 Apr 19, at 11:20 AM, Drew Parsons wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 07:57 +1000, Kim Holburn wrote:
> >> Please don't cross post this to the linux list.
> >>>

> > What, you mean linux at lists.samba.org is the wrong list to send
> > questions
> > about samba running on linux??
>
> Yes, the samba lists are the right place.  Of course this is just my
> opinion as a list member and is not any kind of official position.

Yeah, but my point is that linux at lists.samba.org *is* a samba list...

In other words, why the hell are we running this mailing list at
linux at lists.samba.org  and not at clug at clug.org.au (or whatever) ??

We shouldn't get upset at people for misusing the clug list when the
list has such a hopelessly misappropriated address.

Drew