clug != clug (was Re: [clug] Unable to write to nfs mounted shares)

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at nicta.com.au
Wed Apr 19 05:07:09 GMT 2006

On 2006 Apr 19, at 2:38 PM, Drew Parsons wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:10 +1000, Kim Holburn wrote:

>>> What, you mean linux at lists.samba.org is the wrong list to send
>>> questions
>>> about samba running on linux??
>>
>> Yes, the samba lists are the right place.  Of course this is just my
>> opinion as a list member and is not any kind of official position.
>>

> Yeah, but my point is that linux at lists.samba.org *is* a samba list...

Well no, it's not really.

> In other words, why the hell are we running this mailing list at
> linux at lists.samba.org  and not at clug at clug.org.au (or whatever) ??

I can't answer that, probably because the samba people have
graciously donated space, time etc to host us on samba.org .  It
sounds like a good idea to me though.

> We shouldn't get upset at people for misusing the clug list when the
> list has such a hopelessly misappropriated address.

I'm not getting upset and that post was not inconceivably off-topic.
I just think posting to 3 lists was overkill.  Occasionally we have
people posting asking samba questions and we usually direct them
gently to the source of samba discussions.

> Drew

$ whois clug.org.au
Domain Name:             clug.org.au
Last Modified:           19-Jun-2005 10:27:58 UTC
Registrar ID:            R00013-AR
Registrar Name:          Enetica

Registrant:              Canberra Linux Users Group
Registrant ID:           OTHER N/A

Registrant ROID:         C1005829-AR
Registrant Contact Name: Stephen Rothwell
Registrant Email:        enetica at rothwell.emu.id.au

Tech ID:                 C1005830-AR
Tech Name:               Stephen Rothwell
Tech Email:              enetica at rothwell.emu.id.au

Name Server:             ns.clug.org.au
Name Server IP:          203.10.76.45
Name Server:             ns1.samba.org
Name Server:             ns2.samba.org
Name Server:             ns.auug.org.au
Name Server IP:          150.101.248.57
Name Server:             ns.tip.net.au

--
Kim Holburn
Security Manager, National ICT Australia Ltd.

Use ISO 8601 dates [YYYY-MM-DD] http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/
datefmt.htm
                           -- Lloyd Biggle, Jr. Analog, Apr 1961