[clug] Transact TV streaming through linux box?

Luke Fletcher luke.fletcher at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 12 23:46:49 GMT 2006

Sorry, I mean when you want to playback an earlier recorded program from
the PC to the STB  (so my wife can watch in the lounge on the TV instead
of infront of my grungy PC in the study).  There's no problem with
streams to the PC and the STB when watching live TV.

i.e. using: vlc myshow.vlc with
":sout=#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=239.193.0.2:8208}}" as
the MRL, then watching TV on channel 2 on the STB will show the recorded
program, but will conflict with the live ch2 transmission unless I
disconnect the 'red' cable to the marconi box (severing my
internet/transact connection).

ta,
Luke F.