[clug] Your mission, if you chose to accept...

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 1 14:02:11 GMT 2005

Frank Turcic wrote:

>.is to assist me with installing some kind of linux distro onto my brand new
>Sony VAIO VGN-S38GP.

I would recommend Ubunt Hoary.  My flavour if the year,and unlikely to
change.

Toss in the non-free package linux-restricted-modules and you've got
your prerolled nvidia driver (untested by me - my lappy is ATI, also in
package).

I'd guess that your modem is unlikely to work, but the NIC, the firewire
and the bluetooth should work out of the box with any modern Linux distro.

Let us know how it goes.

Tony