[clug] Software Freedom Day

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Tue Jun 7 01:33:34 GMT 2005

On 6 Jun 2005, at 21:30, Robin Shannon wrote:
> Anyway do ppl want to try and organise an
> installfest or something.

I am thinking about bringing along my pimped up WRT54G (complete with
RS-232 port for dial-up Internet). No racing stripes, but it runs
OpenWRT - a canned variety, since I can't get the development
environment to work on my Mac OS X laptop. It's main purpose is to
connect my home up to the Internet, but it serves admirably as a
demonstration platform for Linux routing and firewalling. This might
even be an opportunity to show people a cheap ($150) platform for
experimenting with Linux as network infrastructure.

Does anyone have a server-type box with a SATA RAID enclosure? It
might be nifty to have a demonstration of hot-swapping SATA drives
over, showing that Linux is a serious server platform. I'm trying to
get one such box working at my office, but the motherboard refuses to
detect the primary master IDE drive...

I can also contribute my prodigious talent (*cough* *choke*) in
organising tea and coffee... if someone can arrange a place and time.

Alex