[clug] ubuntu problem

Dody Suria Wijaya dodysw at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:43:48 GMT 2005

I've got a problem with my new ubuntu installation (5.04 hoary).

When opening software which usually requires root access, ie Synaptic
Package Manager, it asked password, tried put my user password
correctly, and always pop error dialog "Failed to run
/usr/sbin/synaptic: Child terminated with 1 status". I've googled this
problem and seems that this is a known bugs, but didn't find any answer.

Anyone has solved this one?

Second, not too important, but on 1280x800 (wide-LCD) resolution, the
display's pixel blurred randomly. Turning down to 1152x768 fix this
albeit with invalid screen ratio. Any idea?

--
  dsw