[clug] Pre-emptory requests...

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon Jan 3 23:46:54 GMT 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Stephen Jenkin wrote:

> Does anyone know this 'Thangeswaran N'??

Nope.

> Are they just hitting on the list?

Doubtful.

> I'm rather offended and put-off by the demanding tone of the note [and the
> lack of RTFM & STFI] and any reference to what it's for... [If they are
> doing commercial work - go buy a book!]

I'm not offended. I would hazard a guess that his/her (sorry!) first
language is Other Than English, and some of the verbiage that native
speakers tend to add just didn't get added.

> I love the list because people are friendly, helpful and you can get to
> thank them personally when you can get along to a meeting...

Well, I'd guess there's not likely to be in-person thanks from ... India?!

The reason I didn't answer is that the question was just too general.
"documentation for the serial driver"... If he happens to be reading the
list - I suggest the Documentation directory in the source tree, the
source itself, google, the classic "writing linux device drivers" book
(which I forget the name of right now....), and perhaps more specific
questions to the list :)

> steve

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\
> You are in a maze of twisty semantics. You have: a hammer.
You miss the semantic. \The semantic hits you. \You are permenantly confused.