[clug] Pre-emptory requests...

Drew Parsons Drew.Parsons at anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 01:49:16 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 09:41 +1100, Stephen Jenkin wrote:
> Does anyone know this 'Thangeswaran N'??
>
> Are they just hitting on the list?
>
> I'm rather offended and put-off by the demanding tone of the note [and the
> lack of RTFM & STFI] and any reference to what it's for... [If they are
> doing commercial work - go buy a book!]
>
> Anyone else feel strongly this way or otherwise about this?
>
> I love the list because people are friendly, helpful and you can get to
> thank them personally when you can get along to a meeting...

I suspect you're being unfair to the guy.  Look at the email address of
the list, for a start: linux at lists.samba.org.    Obviously, it's a list
where samba users can get Linux support.  Right?

Probably it should be changed to clug at lists.samba.org. Or maybe
clug at linux.org.au ?  If you don't want outsiders getting confused about
who they're writing to.

Anyway, the guy didn't sound too demanding.  Judging by his name and his
sentence structure, he's not a native English speaker, so he may not
feel comfortable writing more effusively.

He did say "please"...

Drew