[clug] OT: Wireless linux xbox

dave davico at tpg.com.au
Tue Feb 8 11:41:11 GMT 2005

I havent tried this but...
I think you are correct about using modded firmware for this purpose, I
believe you will have 2 options:

1. Configure it as a wireless client (ie. just like a bridge); or
2. Create a WDS out of the two

WDS stands for wireless distribution system I think. Using that option,
any other wireless devices (laptop) would benefit from the extended
range and will be able to roam between the two :)

In either case, I believe that the wired (RJ45) connections will be
transparently bridged. (from memory, on the std firmware the wireless
and wired interfaces are in fact a linux ethernet bridge device (br0))

Here is one such firmware which should do the trick:
http://www.portless.net/menu/ewrt/
(and you dont have to join any forums for that one...)

Dave