[clug] OT: DDR RAM and FSB speed

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 6 22:32:18 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 14:38, Duncan Roe wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> It seems the BIOS is reserving that last 0.5GB(!)

> I know, I've read "Never buy MSI" on this list before. But I like the board
> otherwise. Just wish they would fix the BIOS.

Just in case I haven't said it often enough,

NEVER BUY MSI

Have fun,
Darren

PS I feel your pain. I've had to deal with this kind of thing and I
swear never again to buy one for myself or a customer. I've had to
embarassedly explain to customers that I've no friggin' clue why their
system misbehaves, and listen to the MSI rep. tell me that it's every
other component in the system, all of which were more reputable than
their garbage. I often wonder if their engineers work in an underground
ex-coal mine with bondage guys whipping them whenever they miss a
deadline to fix a critical bug.