[clug] bike sig report

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu Dec 1 07:06:31 GMT 2005

All

Oh yeah I should email this report out.

We did go ahead and have a rather enjoyable bike sig last weekend.

The people who rocked up were

Paul Wayper
Nathan Rickerby
Daniel Black
Cameron Patrick
Steven Hanley

Myself and Nathan rather unfairly on fast road bikes (oh and Nathan can ride
faster than I can even on a bad day for him) but we were all there to talk
geek while cruising around on the bikes.

We rode up to Belconnen via the AIS bike path, however as we neared
Belconnen the rain got a bit heavier, so we retiured to the Organic Cafe at
the markets for a while until the rain left.

The geek discussions (develoopment methodologies, problems with c++ as a
language for many things, Paul's work with problem solving with for BOZO and
the code to do this. And a bunch of other stuff, such as more MythTV
discussions and the like) happened throughout the ride and during the
interlude.

I was impressed with the rather good products avialable for sale in the
organic cafe/shop also.

Anyway once the rain subsided we hopped back on the bikes and rode down to
the lake, then back to the ANU.

A most enjoyable afternoon out.

On the one bike sig every two months basis the next one would fall around
January Sunday 29th, however many of us (myself included) will be in New
Zealand for lca2006 at the time, so I suggest we wait until February, next
bike sig on Sunday February 19th I reckon.

This time I suggest anyone keen on coming along make a note of it <g>

	See You
	    Steve

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
i got me a white bread sandwich, with some shredded lettuce