[clug] hotplug mounting in ubuntu

Dody Suria Wijaya dodysw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:21:23 GMT 2005

Anyone has faced with this problem in ubuntu (5.10):

I own a 200GB NTFS partition HD in USB enclosure, when plugged in,
hotplug will starts and automate everything until a nice HD icon appears
on the desktop, and mounted in /media/200G HD/ directory.

It's fine for everything but problem started to appear when I tried to
share (using Alias in httpd.conf) the directory via Apache (user
www-data), permission denied when accessing the directory. Turns out
hotplug by default mount the drive with umask=077 which prevents other
user from accessing it:

/dev/sdb1 on /media/200G HD type ntfs
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=077,iocharset=utf8)

Any idea on how to force hotplug to use certain mount options? (would
like to change umask to 000)

--
  dsw