[clug] Does MSN 7.0 run under Codeweavers crossover?

David Tulloh david.tulloh at infaze.com.au
Wed Apr 27 08:43:42 GMT 2005

Brad Hards wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:49 pm, Michael James wrote:
>
>>For my daughter, MSN is the killer app.
>>If there was a Linux equivalent I could wean her onto a decent OS.
>>
>>But I'm not talking any 6 bit text messaging client!
>>Got to be MSN 7.0, being able to sent nudges is important.
>>Apparently.
>
> No answer to the question, so I'll answer something else.
>
> I have no idea about anything except IRC and a bit of Jabber, but apparently
> amsn (http://amsn.sourceforge.net/index.php) can do the nudge thing.
>
> Kopete has some support for nudges, but that would mean running CVS HEAD of
> probably the buggiest application in KDE.  Perhaps not such a great idea
>
> Brad

"Nudge: Nudge allows you to send a "shake" to your contact. Both your
own and your contacts MSN Messenger window will shake, much like how
Internet Explorer windows shake using the correct javascript."

I don't think my window manager has support for applications shaking
their windows.  I don't think I would be running it for very long if it
did.  It sounds a little like the yahoo buzz feature which is equally as
braindead.

Gaim does however allow me to run arbitary programs such as osdcat
everytime somebody starts a new conversation with me.

David