[clug] Distros to run on apple

David Collett davico at tpg.com.au
Tue Apr 26 08:52:08 GMT 2005

I run Ubuntu on a ibook G4 at work.
Ubuntu is essentially debian so the same things work (or don't work, eg.
airport). However, I suspect ubuntu may be better tested on apple
hardware than debian in terms of the installer CD in particular.

To use debian you would have to use a snapshot installer of 'testing' or
'unstable', I do not think the stable (woody) install CD would boot an
ibook G4.

To use ubuntu on the other hand, just download the latest stable release
(5.04, Hoary) from www.ubuntu.com and away you go.

Dave