[clug] [Wanted] Someone to manage CLUG meetings

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 7 01:43:10 GMT 2004

Hi again - now I remember why I wasn't in such a hurry to re-subscribe.

Lets thank Andrew (yes - an ANU student!) for volunteering to "moderate"
the meetings for us. Let us know how we can help you, Andrew!

And a BIG thanks to Michael for his commitment and enthusiasm (and antics?)
over the past couple of years - hope you don't lose the enthusiasm, Michael!

And lets stop this tiresome thread about doors and locations etc. If anyone
has a good idea for an alternative, then lets hear it - otherwise please
contain your need to reply to this thread.

On the door topic, I have asked to have the door "fixed". It used to be
able to be unlocked by my swipe card (or Steve Hanleys) after hours, but
this capability appears to have ceased some 6 months or so ago when the
ANU changed contractors for the Cardax system. It works during the day,
but not during the evenings - so is hard to have debugged! Also, if you
need out of N101 in an emergency, there is always the break-glass you
can activate. But please make sure it is a real emergency (not just
stealing projectors or something).

Back to Linuxy-type stuff!

Bob Edwards.