[clug] RH can find HDD but SUSE and Debian cannot?

Benedict and Trisha Wyss btwyss at netspeed.com.au
Sun Sep 5 08:53:03 GMT 2004

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

Appologies for not supplying full details, I was at one of those frustrated
moments.

Verisons = RH 8, Debian 3.Or2, and SuSE 8. The CPQ AP400 has SCSI HDD's.

To top it off my windows workstation died and so I had to utilise the AP400.
The HDD's are too small to dual boot, that counts out that option.

So, I am now on the lookout for an extremely cheap ($0) alternative. I am
willing to put in hrs in exchange.

Since finishing my Sys Admin diploma last December the above machine was the
only thing that kept me up with my learned Linux skills. I have not been
lucky enough to land a Sys Admin job yet and while at my current job doing
web content I need to continue to use Linux.

So any genuine options would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Ben