[clug] RH can find HDD but SUSE and Debian cannot?

Andrew Pollock andrew-clug at andrew.net.au
Sun Sep 5 06:31:56 GMT 2004

Hi,

You don't mention what version of Debian or SuSE (or RedHat for that
matter).

I'm not familiar with Compaq hardware. Does this have IDE or SCSI disks?

If you were trying to install Debian using a Woody (i.e. version 3.0) CD,
that's rather long in the tooth now. Sarge (which should be version 3.1) is
near release, and release candidates CD images of the new installer can be
downloaded from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

It would be interesting to see if you have any more success using this
version of Debian to install with.

regards

Andrew

linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://linux.conf.au  -  Birth place of Tux