[clug] ato gets with it (nearly)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Fri Oct 29 09:37:57 GMT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:24:57AM +1000, David Price wrote:
> Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> >Also, did anyone else try etax2004 under wine?  It installs and runs
> >although the help doesn't appear to work.  I was not going to trust my tax
> >return to it though :-)
>
> I used it to do my tax last year and again this year.  It's fairly good
> for completing the tax return, just not for submitting it.
>
> I spent many hours trying to get it to submit, and even went to the
> extent of installing IE under wine, but in the end was unsuccessful and
> had to copy the data file over to a friend's laptop to submit it.

Ah, so the situation hasn't changed from when I tried a few years ago.
Sure, I could create the tax return but not submit it. Back then though
it was because I was missing some MS C++ DLL. Anyway, I just submitted
mine on paper, that works...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog at svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/