[clug] Spreading the joy!

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Oct 27 07:57:15 GMT 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> I maintain a computer in Geelong (10 hours?), so I know the issue in
> general. I don't see, however, how flushing the rules could deny you
> access to the box you're maintaining (wouldn't it make it unprotected
> and therefore easier to access?).

As someone else has pointed out, just the small matter of the table
policy.

Annoying thing /there/ is that we have perfectly serviceable remote power
switches on those boxes. /behind/ the firewall....

So... has anybody done the maths in their hosting environment, mobile
phone connected to serial port vs standard phone line + modem? I've only
really done 1/2 that equation; $300ish for mobile phone, $5/month plan.

> Nigel

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   N    _--_|\ /---- Barham, Vic
Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek              | W + E /     /\
> You are in a maze of twisty semantics. You have: a hammer.
You miss the semantic. \The semantic hits you. \You are permenantly confused.