[clug] Spreading the joy!

Aaron Smith Aaron.Smith at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 27 06:40:12 GMT 2004

Useful administration of many-user system:

find / \( -type f -a -name core \) -exec rm -f {}\;

NOT helpful administration:

find / \( -type f \) -exec rm -f {} \;

Two seconds after hitting enter I saw my error. Two seconds two late.

You would be suprised how much can be deleted in two seconds.

Six hours later all files restored from the previous nights backup. The
users took a lot longer to forgive me.

Aaron

--

Aaron Smith