[clug] Spreading the joy!

Rob McAuliffe rob1 at mcauliffe.id.au
Wed Oct 27 07:07:41 GMT 2004

Anyone else done anything chuckle-worthy?

I once wrote a floppy with dd, didn't quite get the command right,
though:

dd if=./floppy.img of=/dev/hda

Funny thing is, the machine kept running for about a week before I got
around to re-installing...  of course there's always that risk that the
power will go out...

(teach me not to do everything as root...)

Rob