[clug] Spreading the joy!

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at linuxmail.org
Tue Oct 26 22:51:14 GMT 2004

Hi.

I regularly do

dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/null

to load up the memory while testing suspend. I then tend to do

cat /proc/meminfo

to monitor how much memory is in use before starting the cycle.

Last week, I managed to end up with

cat /proc/meminfo > /dev/hda

(lack of caffeine?!). Thankfully, I could just cat /proc/partitions and
then use fdisk to restore the data and rerun lilo. Haven't seen any
adverse effects yet!

Nigel

--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Everyone lives by faith. Some people just don't believe it.
Want proof? Try to prove that the theory of evolution is true.