[clug] Spreading the joy!

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Wed Oct 27 02:01:57 GMT 2004

I've done the same on an old Tandem K1000 a few years ago, when I ran all
the commands to switch to the other Fridge...I mean drive array, then
dismounted the drive and went into the machine room to pull it out and do
the nightly swap. The moment of clarity as I heard the contacts on the alarm
relay slam home pointed out I'd just done everything right, but in the
emulator window, and not the actual machine console window.

It look about 14 seconds before the first operator appeared at the fishbowl
to find out what had happened to their terminal, which game me just enough
time to reseat the drive and get back to my desk to start disaster recovery.