[clug] IBM laptop prices and other suppliers

Drew Parsons dfp110 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 7 23:44:22 GMT 2004

> The best (cheapest) way to get your hands on IBM hardware is to make
> friends with an IBM employee and get them to buy it for you through
> their Employee Purchasing Program.

Yes, I already got a kind reply from one of my new friends, who works for
IBM.   Nice arrangement IBM gives them :)
As it happens, the ANU purchasing office yesterday gave the official IBM
contact for the uni, so I'll wait and see if they can match the employee
discount, since that will be easier (more official) for ANU, who will be
paying for the computer.
Drew