[clug] IBM laptop prices and other suppliers

Tony and Robyn Lewis beakysnugger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 20:34:09 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 19:34, Michael Carden wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 03:51 pm, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > I'm interested to hear what suppliers you might recommend around Canberra,
> > particularly for the DSL modem/router I've been asking about
>
> That's the kind of 'commodity' hardware that I'd suggest buying via an online
> retailer.

I can generically recommend umart.net.  Recently bought some wireless
kit from them at about 30% less than HT would do, and cheaper than
anyone else I could find online.

Delivery was $12 by post and $15 by courier (!) for two WRT54Gs and a
PCMCIA wireless NIC and PCI wireless NIC.  Good value all round and the
times I called them (to make sure it got away in time for me to play on
the weekend.

Tony