[clug] Fun spam

Nemo Cameron nemo at cheeky.house.cx
Mon May 3 03:28:50 GMT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:13:23AM +1000, Jepri did utter:
> Wow.  I'm getting a wave of spam with pithy aphorisms and quotes from
> historical figures.  It's like a 'thought for the day' mailing list, but
> I don't even have to sign up.

I think it was about 6 months ago I got the entire first chapter of
Hitch Hikers... given how many hitchhiker-related lists i'm on (ok,
two), it's no surprise this one got through my filter. I've seen a few
Robert Frost poems too. The rest of them seem to be using the same old
jokes I hear years ago. I don't want these from people I KNOW, let alone
spammers...

> Looks like advertising on email is starting to move towards the standard
> of TV advertising.  Normally I'd be scared, but in this case it's a step up.

A very little step... but yeah :)

.../Nemo