[clug] Internet Explorer act-alike on Linux

Doug Palmer Doug.Palmer at csiro.au
Fri Jun 11 02:25:20 GMT 2004

I'm in the process of putting together a fairly simple web site, using
XHTML/CSS. As a consequence, I have to regularly fire up IE to see what
atrocity it is planning against my pages and figure out how to work
around it.[*]

It would be nice to be able to do this without having to switch
computers all the time. Does anybody know of a IE act-alike that
reproduces IE's ability to turn standards-compliant pages into a
festering pile of reeking garbage?

[*] Including: the PNG disaster, ignoring CSS height commands, ignoring
CSS display commands, problems with borders, dodgy implementation of the
DOM and a pile of stuff that I've already forgotten. All stuff that
works fine in Mozilla/Netscape, Opera and Konquerer, just like wot the
standards lay down.