[clug] SuSE 9.1 ISOs? Or other suggestions?

Tony and Robyn Lewis lewis at tonyandrobyn.com
Mon Jun 7 11:29:30 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 12:31, Collins, Steve wrote:
> Equally, I am open to suggestions of distros worth trying (and why).  I'm not doing a huge amount of non-web programming (mostly Coldfusion, some PHP and trying to learn Java).  I'm happy to work with "difficult" distros - the experience can only make me a better user ;)

OK, I'll bite.  Nothin like some distro wars.

I like debian.  I "found" it a couple of years ago, and I mainly like
the package management - the ease and speed of updates, and the
(usually) pretty tight dependency management.  Not a hand-holding
distro, though, and it's sometimes difficult to tell why you want one
package over another.  Wouldn't be much fun over dial-up, though.

Tony Lewis