[clug] stream TransACT - to file this time

Andrew Goodall andrew at fumpet.net
Sun Jun 6 12:10:14 GMT 2004

On 06/06/2004, at 9:19 PM, Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:

> I'm pondering the best way to manually use the PC as a small-time VCR,
> recording a transact stream to be later played back.
>
> To view real-time, I use xine.  Have used vlc and I think mplayer as
> well.  None of these seem to have a write-to-file option.

VLC does transcoding (stream in > re-encode) and write to disk amongst
other things. I also got some (start time) scheduling happening from
the command line but couldn't get it to stop at the time. Don't worry;
it was just a Windows box with a single partition so I just let it
fille the disk. :D

I'm keen to get MythTV happening, myself, but having no experience with
it I'm not sure whether it will do what you want with the TransACT box.
Someone has a MythTV box in my TransACT cubicle at the moment so I'll
check it out with them tomorrow and let you know if you want.