[clug] Dial-up woes

Dennis Gray d0325mgray at fareast.com.au
Tue Jun 1 21:45:56 GMT 2004

I've been running a Fedora Core Release 1 box for several months now
with dial-up connection to Pacific Internet (static IP). I finally got
ADSL provisioned in my suburb, Florey. I think this happened yesterday.
I haven't put the ADSL modem on yet because it's in Sydney and I won't
get it until this weekend.

The dial-up had been running flawlessly since September 2003. Now with
ADSL on the line, I get constant drop-outs, staying connected for no
more than 6 to 25 minutes. I do have a filter on the line but that
hasn't helped.

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Regards,

Dennis