[clug] Contract Position with Defence Available!!!

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 10:19:52 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 18:35, Kim Holburn wrote:
> I have a Bayesian-type filter that tends to filter out spam so I never
> see it, it also occasionally decides important emails are spam but
> that's another story ;-(  Anyway to get to the point I thought this
> email was pretty well targeted.  Some of the list members may be
> looking for work in this field.  I would have thought this was one of
> the important uses for this list.  If this is anathema to most list
> members perhaps we should specify a special header for job ads as well
> as for sale items for those of you who need non-fuzzy list headers.

Good, so I'm not the only person who is dazzled by the response this
message got.

Perhaps the organisation has a bad reputation for whatever reason but I
was a bit surprised anyway by "our" response.

Maybe it would be easier to ask that legitimate mail be marked [GEEKY]
or similar? The chances of spam or other unwanted mail being marked
[GEEKY] is about as high as it being marked [SPAM] or [UNWANTED]. Thus
if we filter unmarked messages we're 99% certain to not receive any
spam.

=)

Have fun,
Darren