[clug] TransAct ISP

Brett Worth brettw at cray.com
Mon Jan 19 12:48:18 GMT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Rasjid Wilcox wrote:

> Running a mail server on a dynamic IP (using zoneedit) will cause bounces.   I
> know since I've done it.  ;-)

I use a dynamic IP to a mail server and have not seen any problems.
I'm with transact/actewagl and have only had 3 IP addresses in the
last 5 weeks so the chances of me getting hit during a change are slim.
I guess the probability is greater than zero though.

It would need for someone to get allocated my old IP address during the
intervening 2-6 minutes for an actual bounce to occur.

Brett