[clug] Linux Jukebox programs

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Sat Jan 17 15:22:24 GMT 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 18:51, Paul Warren wrote:
> I've been googling a bit for jukebox stuff and can't find what I'm after.

The two I have played with are Yammi (KDE App) and RythmBox (Gnome).

Yammi has a good interface with ties into XMMS for the player but I have
found it is a little buggy (still very young) but the sort/catagory
functionality is good.

Rythmbox is a lot more stable but has some things I don't like. It takes
some time to fire up if you have a good size music collection. It
appears to rescan the entire collection at startup. It is also lacking
some of the sort function that yammi has.

I use yammi most of the time and put up with it's immaturity.

BTW Neither have the capabilities to interface with a mp3 device yet.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
rcrook at vtown.com.au