[clug] Linux Jukebox programs

Paul Warren u3292467 at anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 17 07:51:50 GMT 2004

I've been googling a bit for jukebox stuff and can't find what I'm after.

What I want is an ipod like interface on a box near my stereo, to my
music, which will be on my SAMBA server.

'ipod like' = browsable by artist/genre/album etc. (could be Windows
Media Player like, Itues like etc.)

I've been using XMMS for ages but I'm getting annoyed at how I can't
easily play an album. I've also looked at zinf, which almost has the
interface, but on all my sound cards tracks are speeded up annoyingly,
and you can't just play an album, you have to add it to the 'curently
playing' playlist.

Anyone had experience with this sort of thing?
Any help appreciated.

Cheers
--
Paul Warren