[clug] TransAct ISP

Paul Hampson Paul.Hampson at anu.edu.au
Sat Jan 17 08:54:03 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:51:41PM +1100, Michael Carden wrote:
> Now all I need is an ISP. One with a Debian mirror would be excellent. One at
> least slightly Linux-friendly would be good. One that won't send me broke
> paying for throughput will suffice though.

> Does the CLUG hive-mind have any suggestions?

(Disclaimer: I'm the CTO of Bandwidth Unlimited, so I obviously
think we're great. :-)

Bandwidth Unlmited is very linux friendly, and we have lots of
unlimited-traffic plans at various speeds.

No Debian mirror (yet). I started constructing one, but I turned
out to have underestimated the space required, and so far I've not
had any customer interest.

On the other hand, the nearby Debian mirrors are quite fast to my
experience, since I run Debian on the servers, and any other machine
I can get my hands on. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson at Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.