[clug] LCA2005 in Canberra?

Darren Freeman daz111 at rsphysse.anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 7 07:23:59 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 14:44, James McNeill wrote:
> > Absolutely. We should perhaps wait until we know if is Canberra before
>
> One previous LCA was re-located a few months after the location was decided
> due to lack of enthusiasm from the host city. I forget witch LCA that was.
> Canberra has been earmarked, but I don't get the impression that Canberra is
> certain although I'm certain that there is allot of enthusiasm here.

that would have sucked to be the city it was relocated from!

> > normal social skills could do a job like that,
> Linux Geeks with social skills?

strange as it seems I hear some of us even have girlfriends!

> > > it would be cool to volunteer but if I find out there's work involved I
> might lose interest
> Are you one of those people that has started 10x more things than they have
> finished?

<sob> yes </sob>

But I got to start lots of cool things nonetheless. I suspect that
finishing my PhD will be the first thing I finish without having
somebody else plan it ahead of time!

> <James marvels at his own hypocrisy>
>
> > Which is a good thing.
> Having said that, fleeting interest and hollow offers of support can still
> help convince LinuxAu of our worthiness.

... so long as we never admit on a public forum that they are such.
D'Oh!

> but count me in for some of that hard work stuff too.

yeah the problem is knowing what we will be doing in a year's time =(

> -James

Have fun,
Darren