[clug] Consume But Don't Try Programming [was viva la DMCA? [was: Against US-AU FTA Intellectual Property Clauses]]

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Apr 15 02:01:23 GMT 2004

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2004, Jepri <jepri at webone.com.au> wrote:

>>Rather than drop another 1000-word missive on the list, I'll pop it up here:
>>http://babylon.alphacomplex.org/~jepri/Ban_the_petition.html
>
> Grammar flames, hey?  What a display of dignity and wisdom.
>
> Personally I try to avoid the temptation of spelling/grammar flames,
> because it's so "embarressing" (sic) to misspell a word in the same
> message.

I like they way he says:

"We really need to shake these people out of the OSS community before
they give everyone the idea that the biggest concerns of OSS are playing
computer games and watching movies.  I don't want people to think that
of me when I say "I'm an OSS developer"."

I agree! We must free ourselves of the shackles of Rusty's oppressive
coding! That Martin wally too -- distributed compiles are for weenies!
Let alone Laurie Brown, Angus Lees, Nick Piggin, Stephen Rothwell, Dave
Jones, Tim Potter, Jeff Waugh, Geoff Bennett, and Greg Lehey.

These people are some of the most prolific OSS hackers I know of, and
they're just the ones whose names I recognised. Perhaps even the other
700 or so concerned people should be ejected too.

Jeremy: you've established that you don't agree. How about you get on
with your life now? It's also worthwhile remembering that Google has a
_very_ long memory.

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,