[clug] Consume But Don't Try Programming [was viva la DMCA? [was: Against US-AU FTA Intellectual Property Clauses]]

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sun Apr 11 22:08:11 GMT 2004

Jepri wrote:

> Or is it chicken little time already?  Aaagh! The sky is falling!
> Aaaagh!  Aaaagh!  Big Brother is watching us!  Aaagh!  Aaagh!  Aaagh! My
> toes are plotting to kill me while I'm asleep!

Your frequent recourse to clumsy attempts at sarcasm implies either an
inadequate debating style, or that you've run out of relevant points.

To summarise the debate so far:

  - a bunch of well respected free software hackers with world famous
projects are worried
  - they've even asked a lawyer
  - they want to ask people to help them

vs

  - you don't agree

Why not let it slide, and let other people do what they want without
sniping from the sidelines? How about we agree to disagree on this
point? Isn't that what freedom is about?

Mikal