[clug] Startup problem

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at anu.edu.au
Sun Apr 11 00:43:49 GMT 2004

try to boot in single user mode, disable gdm (or kdm) and have a look at
the Xserver log files. if 'startx' works from console, gdm should work
fine as well... To disable gdm is usually enough to put exit 1 in the
gdm startup script in /etc/init.d/gdm (I don't remember if this is the
default rh location ... but look for something similar...)

--
++ "All great truths begin as blasphemies." -George Bernard Shaw
++ Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.