[clug] Config & software for BigPong Adsl

Sam Couter sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Sun Nov 23 20:17:22 EST 2003

Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au> wrote:
> Can anyone advise on using sewing machine oil in DC fans?  I'm sure
> I've read enough people saying "don't do it" without any "because"
> clauses. Apart from fans, the remainder of my noise issues are the hard
> drives, which I've found replacements for.

I've never heard anyone say "Don't do it", and I've personally done it.
I've repaired many gunked-up fans by dismantling, cleaning and oiling
them. So far so good.

If you're truly worried, you could maybe get graphite-based RC car
gearbox grease from a hobby shop and use that. Use sparingly. Very
expensive. I don't know if this really is a good solution though, as I
don't know what the problem is supposed to be.

> KDE3 is the Windows of the Unix world - needs 400MHz CPU with 256MB of
> RAM to be useful. Wish it could run on something less :)

GNOME runs (crawls) on less.

But I was really offering the P100s for those who are looking for boxes
to run ADSL connections through.
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam at couter.dropbear.id.au
Debian Developer    |  mailto:eddie at debian.org