[clug] Config & software for BigPong Adsl

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Nov 23 19:37:07 EST 2003

On 23 Nov 2003, at 18:39, Sam Couter wrote:

> I have three P100s at my place looking for cheap disposal. I've found
> hard
> drives for them now too - I've been using them as a doorstop. *tee hee*

Can anyone advise on using sewing machine oil in DC fans?  I'm sure
I've read enough people saying "don't do it" without any "because"
clauses. Apart from fans, the remainder of my noise issues are the hard
drives, which I've found replacements for.

> I'm using a P100 as my ADSL router and it's plenty fast enough.

KDE3 is the Windows of the Unix world - needs 400MHz CPU with 256MB of
RAM to be useful. Wish it could run on something less :)

> What's the opportunity cost of not taking the deal you have available
> now?
> Divorce? ;)

Not quite... I'd just like my SO to have something to work on so we can
keep in contact without resorting to long distance phone calls...

Alex

Windows 98, n.: 32 bit extensions and graphical shell for a 16 bit hack
on a 8 bit operating system originally written for a 4 bit
microprocessor, by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of
competition and has not a bit of respect for its customers.
                   (http://homepage.mac.com/grail/windows_sig.html)