[clug] Config & software for BigPong Adsl

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Nov 23 21:12:32 EST 2003

On 23 Nov 2003, at 20:17, Sam Couter wrote:

> I don't know if this really is a good solution though, as I
> don't know what the problem is supposed to be.

noise from cranky bearings!  aaarrggh... can't think with this
squeaking going through my skull.

> But I was really offering the P100s for those who are looking for boxes
> to run ADSL connections through.

Just thought I'd take the opportunity to comment about KDE3... as
pretty as it is, it's still a little bloated :)

A nice features of newer systems is WOL - if you can get it working.
In theory, you'd be able to make the gateway box turn on on demand,
then shut it down after use - without touching the hardware yourself
:).  That way you don't waste power, and never have to worry about DOS
attacks in your absence costing you money due to Telstra's "Unlimited
Credit/Overcommittment" policy. But I digress.

"Action without study is fatal. Study without action is futile."
   -- Mary Beard